The Reconquista Initiative
Vox Day, the 16 Points, and Alt-Christianity
Back in 2016, when the Alt-Right started to become more mainstream, but before Vox Day released his “16 Points” concerning the Alt-Right, I began to think that modern Christianity needed something like Alt-Christianity. In fact, in June of that year, I wrote an essay on “Alt-Christianity” and I had even created a website called “Alt-Christian.com” to discuss the intersection of Christianity and the Alt-Right, but, for various reasons, I put a halt on that project. Then, in August of 2016, Vox Day released his “16 Points” on the Alt-Right; since that time, I have been thinking more and more about the concept of Alt-Christianity. And so, while still in embryo form, and largely inspired by Day’s own 16 Points on the Alt-Right—often even directly paralleling some of them—I have decided to create “The 16 Points of Alt-Christianity”, thereby explaining what I take to be Alt-Christianity, and also partially explaining the reason for why something like Alt-Christianity is needed today. So, without further commentary, here are the 16 Points of Alt-Christianity:
- Alt-Christianity is traditionalist and “right-leaning” in both its theology and its morals, but is focused on morality and mere-Christianity more than on denominational differences in theology. However, Progressive-Christianity, Liberal-Christianity, Feminist-Christianity, and Cultural-Christianity are not Alt-Christianity.
- Alt-Christianity is an alternative to the mainstream Christian conservative movement in the West which has, whether wittingly or not, been largely infected with strains of progressivism, feminism, SJWism, over-ecumenism, and Churchianism. Alt-Christianity has seen the results of this infection on the Christian faith and thus actively fights against it, unlike many modern Christian movements.
- Alt-Christianity is not a defensive attitude and rejects the elevation of “niceness” and likeability over Christian truth. It holds an “initiative-maintaining” mindset and believes in victory through persistence, sacrifice, and remaining in harmony with objective reality, historical truths, and psychological facts. Additionally, Alt-Christianity believes in the use of reason as well as, if necessary, polemics and rhetoric to make its points.
- Alt-Christianity believes Western Civilization is the best civilization that Man has ever created, and also that traditional Christianity is a key pillar of that civilization; as such, the Alt-Christian supports the roots of traditionalist Christianity: namely, the traditional family, patriarchy and “red-pill” knowledge, Christian education, and apologetics in the full and broad sense. Additionally, the Alt-Christian wishes to see Western Civilization maintained, and is open to whatever political system shows itself best suited to the maintenance of that civilization.
- Alt-Christianity is nationalistic and anti-pacifist. It supports the right of all distinct ethno-ideological/religious groups to exist as distinct groups, and to defend their existence. Alt-Christianity is also anti-globalist in the political sense, but believes in unity amongst nations through a shared Christian faith. Ultimately, the Alt-Christian remembers the lesson of the Tower of Babel and realizes that ethno-states are a lesser threat to Christianity than a global political entity is.
- Alt-Christianity recognizes that all men are made in the image of God and that all men will be judged, but beyond this, Alt-Christianity rejects the idea of earthly equality for all practical purposes given the observable lack of anything like natural equality existing amongst men. For the same reason, the Alt-Christian denies human perfectibility and earthly utopianism.
- Alt-Christianity see no conflict between science and Christianity, but it is not naïve enough to ignore the fact that there is a difference between certain scientific claims and the interpretation of scientists—many of them actively anti-Christian—concerning those claims. Thus, the Alt-Christian takes an attitude of tentative acceptance, coupled with skepticism, concerning the findings of modern science.
- Alt-Christianity believes that identity—both in the ethnic and the religious sense—is the catalyst for culture, which is itself more important than politics.
- Alt-Christianity is opposed to the rule, domination, or excessive influence (by any means) of any ethnic and/or religious group or Christian denomination by another; as such, Alt-Christianity supports the right of de facto or de jure self-determination / segregation for ethnic and/or religious reasons.
- Alt-Christianity is opposed to the separation of church and secular state in an absolute sense, for the Alt-Christian understands that the absolute separation of church and secular state always leads to the state undermining the church and pushing its influence out of the state.
- Alt-Christianity is more interested in the approval of God than of men; it knows that the Prince of this World is its enemy and that, as Jesus warned, the world will hate it. Alt-Christianity is also more interested in the faith than in earthly charity.
- Alt-Christianity is pro-capitalism in terms of policy, but pro-socialist in terms of personal charity; it holds that a man who freely does not work, but can, shall not eat, but a man who wishes to work but cannot, shall not be hungry.
- Alt-Christianity believes that we must secure the existence of Christians in general, but that we must also specifically secure the existence of Christians in countries of European heritage and ancestry, for as Belloc said: “Europe is the Faith, and the Faith is Europe”.
- Alt-Christianity believes that Christianity is true, but it also sees truth and value in other religions. As such, while holding Christianity as the best and most complete faith, and boldly proclaiming it as such, Alt-Christianity does not, in principle, ignore or reject the insights and wisdom of non-Christian religious / cultural traditions.
- Alt-Christianity believes in evangelism. At the same time, the Alt-Christian remembers to wipe the dust off his feet from those who, in full knowledge and Godly-freedom, reject Christianity. Thus, the Alt-Christian rejects the non-evangelism of the liberal-Christian as well as any imperialist attempts at the imposition of Christianity by force or coercion.
- Alt-Christianity values personal strength, masculinity, and the Christ who overturned tables. Indeed, the Alt-Christian realizes that Christ was not followed because He allowed Himself to die, but rather because Christ was the ultimate alpha who conquered Man’s greatest enemy: namely, death.
If you wish, then please support here, because any amount of support counts towards keeping this original content coming: www.patreon.com/reconquistainitiative
Anno Domini 2017 01 24
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam